Affiliate Links | *PR SAMPLE
I probably sound like a broken record when I say that I cannot believe that it is 2015 already. Where does all the time go??? At any rate, here are my empties for November and December - not as bad as I thought!
I loved the Kerastase Discipline Shampoo* (review) and finished a pack of my trusty Shiseido Facial Cottons. I'm currently trying out the version of the shampoo with sulfates, and had a backup of the cottons long before I finished this pack. I also really enjoyed the Lush Celebrate Hand & Body Lotion* (review), a lovely citrus cream they release for the holidays. I'm also happy to report that the Murad Acne Spot Treatment that I thought was discontinued seems to exist again!
From the pile of deluxe samples, I definitely plan to purchase May Lindstrom The Clean Dirt once I use up some other items. It somehow manages to keep my skin clear and even - and I never thought a cleanser could make a difference like that before I tried this one. I would also consider buying the Guerlain Cils d'Enfer MaxiLash Mascara down the line, but I'm pretty set for mascara at the moment.
Mr Bunny seems to have enjoyed using Living Proof Perfect Hair Day and Origins A Perfect World SPF Moisturizer, as he used these up quite quickly. LOL! I enjoyed using the Evologie Stay Clear Cleanser* and the Malin & Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser* (review), but won't be making a purchase because I'm finding other products that work better for me. I also liked the hydrating properties of the Illamasqua Hydra Veil primer (review), but probably wouldn't purchase as it didn't wow me as a primer. And I had to toss this super old deluxe sample of Ren's Micro Polish Cleanser. (Oops.)
The Sample Packets
I'm also happy about the number of sample packets I finished, and thought I would share a quick rundown of my impressions since there are a few nice products in the pile!
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster: This one is an old favorite, and Mr. Bunny happily uses samples of it for an extra boost of hydration. It smells citrusy, and is almost watery in texture.
- Chantecaille Magnolia, Jasmine, and Lily Healing Emulsion: Lovely rose scent, and a great moisturizer overall. I bought this with a Space NK discount because I'm finding that rose damascena as an ingredient really evens and brightens my complexion.
- Nude Omega Cleansing Jelly: I never quite got into the brand, but I loved this sample. It really is a jelly, but once wet, it lathers up a bit and washes off much like a normal cleanser. It works well, and it is going on my to purchase list!
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser Invisible Oil Shampoo: I initially thought I liked this, as it had a subtle scent and made my hair feel soft. But ugh, second day hair was quite oily looking, so I didn't even bother trying the conditioner.
- Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer: The texture and overall feel of the product was nice, and I would use it if I had it but wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream: Didn't care for the scent, which seemed to me like a weird version of cucumber, but the cream was otherwise ok.
- Jack Black EpicMoisture MP10 Oil and Double Duty Face Moisturizer: I always think this line of skincare is underrated. The price tags are reasonable, and the products seem great based on the handfuls of samples I've tried over the years.
- Caudalie Vinosource Overnight Recovery Oil: I like this oil, but didn't find it as hydrating as some of the others, and it seemed to have less of that rose ingredient so it only seemed to reduce my redness a little bit.
- Chantecaille Flower Infused Cleansing Milk: I would completely buy this for use in the mornings if it wasn't so expensive. You apply it to the skin and wipe it off with a cotton pad, which I think is where I went wrong when I tried it before as a regular cleanser mixed with water. It contains that rose damascena ingredient, and is quite appropriate for dry skin. Definitely considering this if a good promo comes up one day though.
- Eve Lom Intense Hydration Serum: I like that this had a nice texture and provided a good moisture boost, but I probably wouldn't purchase it.
- Ila Face Oil for Glowing Radiance: This contains that rose ingredient, and it makes my skin look so nice. Plus the oil is super smooth and just luxurious. I'm debating between this and the Aesop Damascan Rose Treatment as my next purchase!
That's it for my empties in November & December! What did you finish lately? Did you make any exciting discoveries along the way? I'd love to know! :)